3/02/2010

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

this saturday i was planning on publishing a post that i had been working on about last weekend, which was all things wonderful, but sadly i was (and have been) unable to since.  

my apartment was burglarized saturday at some point while i was gone supervising a drama festival at a high school and my roommates were out of town and at work respectively.  my computer and all of it's data was taken.  (and no of course none of it was backed up, and no of course i didn't have renters insurance... there's pretty much nothing i can do). i'm not going to talk about how this invasion and theft has (and will) effect me monetarily nor emotionally.  sadly, i have already gone through another apartment which was destroyed by a fire five years ago this summer. and i realize what was lost is only objects.  no one was home, my roommate's cat is no worse for the wear, and it could have been a lot worse.  looking back, the fire ended up having a lot of silver lining.  while it was of course awful and painful, i was able to get out of an apartment i was very unhappy in, i was able to learn how to gracefully accept help from others (something has always been hard for me, and so remains) and i always thought of it as a kind of buddhist cleansing process. 

though i am in the thick of this crisis, i am trying to not let the situation grab hold of me.  there have been a few tears, but not as many as you would think from someone like me who cries at pixar shorts.  i am trying to take it all in stride.  like it happened, and it is painful, but i'm doing all i can now and will do my best to rebuild what i have lost.  i have too many good things on the horizon to let this get me down.  

i am getting signed up to be a sub at my gym this week, and i already have been asked by my regular teacher if i could sub for her.  i have a meeting on thursday at a studio to talk about another instructor position.  i will not allow someone else to steal my joy.  i cannot control the actions of others rather, i can only try to react in a way that will maintain the greatest equanimity of mind.  

i will update again soon about the weekend of awesomeness that preceded the weekend of not so awesomeness. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment