2/04/2010

it's time to try defying gravity

this weekend is the culmination of the last six months of my life.  this of course means that this last week i have been pretty useless doing anything but 1.) work. 2.) studying. 

see exhibit below:

here lies a majority of the materials we've worked with the last six months along with, of course, millie cat.  my roommates' cat loves to "help" me study.  this is generally done by her sitting on whatever book i happen to be looking at and purring at me expectantly.  this goes on until i pick up another book, then she just starts rubbing her face on the back of said book.  she just wants to feel included in the process, i think. 

whenever some large test (metaphorical or literal) comes up, i always go through the phase of "cramming" where i frantically try to prepare and learn everything i should have learned over the course of six months.  this method works about as well as when you crank the oven up to bake the cookies faster... while it may sound good in theory, it doesn't really have the effect you were hoping for.   then when the stress starts to hit, and my bed starts to call to me sweetly - i realize (mostly out of sheer exhaustion though i like to think of it as more of a zen awakening) that whatever is meant to be, will be.   

so here i go.  this has been a wonderful step, where it will lead, i don't know... but i can't wait to find out. 

"it's time to trust my instincts. close my eyes and leap."

xxx

2 comments: