6/24/2010

a little bit of this, a little bit of that.

i've been on a roll with my yoga practice this week.  i've either practiced or taught every day since friday of last week, and it feels great! even though some days i have felt a bit sore or like i would rather catch up on my sleep - it's been invigorating to just keep going.  tonight i think i will be checking out a new studio (to me) karma yoga in harvard square.  i am subbing there next week (three whole classes!) and i figured it would be good if i checked out the space before i walk in next friday to teach.  also it's always good spread your wings and see what else is out there.  though i love my current studio, i'm sure there are many more studios and teachers i will fall in love with should i give them a chance. 

in other recent news - i am in the process of planning another yoga photo shoot, which is exciting.  i need to think about what poses will work best artistically as well as physically for me.  sadly due to a lifetime of ignoring my tight hamstrings, and only a few years of trying to open them back up... i can't do most of the cool, aesthetically pleasing poses that most teachers do in their photos.  and my arm balances are iffy.  so right now i am planning for a lot of back-bends, probably some twists... and i'm not sure what else.  any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!  

on a related note, in preparation for said photo shoot, i am thinking about doing a sort of cleanse.  not like a master cleanse or anything like that - my body does not tolerate it when i don't feed it.  i get nauseous and am pretty miserable to be around - so that's out.  but i have been thinking for a few weeks about doing a week of eating only non-processed foods.  focusing on eating fruits, veggies, nuts and whole grains.  i incorporate a lot of those in my diet now but i definitely don't eat them exclusively.  i have heard a lot of great things from friends who have done similar "cleanses" so perhaps i will give it a shot and write about it.  so, stay tuned for that.

before i sign off i have a few classes where people can actually come without being a member of anything like that so here's a shameless "here's where i am teaching and when" plug:  

  • sunday, 06/27 4:30p-5:30p slow-flow vinyasa at the lily pad in cambridge, $10.
  • friday, 07/02 10:30a-11:45a vinyasa (flow) at karma yoga in cambridge, $15 drop-in.   
  • friday, 07/02 12:00p-1:00p vinyasa (flow) at karma yoga in cambridge, $15 drop-in.
  • saturday, 07/03 10a-11:15a hatha yoga at karma yoga in cambridge, $15 drop-in
i'd love to see some familiar faces!  so come play!  

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh weird I've been thinking of doing a modified cleanse too. I also need food so liquid detox or any diets of that sort are clearly off but my body is not in a healthy shape and I think until I get down to a weight that's good for me I might be cutting out sugar and grains and cutting down on meat.

    Hope you're doing stuff later on in July too because I would love to come join in and get a healthy sweat going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely will. i am thinking maybe every other week or something like that if there is enough interest :) when do you get back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure yet but probably late July.

    ReplyDelete